It may be obvious from my Oscar time tweets about the current It Girl of Hollywood, but my newest and most uncontrollable girl crush has got to be Jennifer Lawrence. J-Law, as she will hereby be known, has captured the heart of almost every 20-something girl around the globe in the last year and not just because of her outstanding fashion choices. Let’s have a look at some of J-Law’s best moments:
– After facings jibes from the media and die hard Hunger Games fans about her weight, Jennifer Lawrence decided to take the bull by the horns and address the trolls straight on by declaring that she wanted to portray a body image that was strong and healthy rather than one which was achieved through eating a singular grape a day, and she said all this in an interview with the LA Times while munching on some bread, shock horror.
– While wearing the most ladylike of Dior Couture dresses at the 2013 Oscars (where she won the coveted Lead Actress gong) J-Law managed to fall up some stairs to collect her prize and give the middle finger to the press and I could not love her more for it. Will I be trying out a J-Law fall at my graduation, we’ll just have to wait and see…
– At the age of 22 she’s twice been nominated for Oscars and won one, while I have a trophy from Pony Club lurking around in the back of a cupboard at home. Drama lessons anyone?
– Jack Nicholson is without a doubt a Hollywood legend, but at the same time he is also a 76 year old man who probably shouldn’t be leching over a 22 year old woman in the middle of a Q&A session post-Oscars. So seeing that moment play out in real time, with J-Law’s incredulous reaction was priceless.
– Bradley Cooper and Jennifer’s dance scene in Silver Linings Playbook is perhaps on par with Dirty Dancing’s iconic moment. First dances at wedding’s will be forever transformed into fusion style dances with a White Stripes slant, perhaps we won’t all be wearing the get up that J-Law modelled though…
– Dior recently released their newest campaign featuring our favourite actress and it wasn’t soon before J-Law publicly and proudly announced ‘I love Photoshop more than anything in the world’ to Access Hollywood. So do we, so do we…
– Her refreshingly honest admissions to craving a McDonalds while wearing an impossibly expensive evening gown on the Oscars red carpet make me wish she was my best friend; after all, the majority of us have ended up queuing up under the golden arches after a night out.
– The girl is best friends with Bradley Cooper, need I say more?